Healthcare Data Standards
FEI participates in standards development activities through multiple standards bodies working to advance effective and secure communications among healthcare entities. FEI’s staff contributes to SAMHSA-initiated standards development such as the Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P) Specification and Implementation Guide, the Behavioral Health Clinical Care Document Domain Analysis Model and Implementation Guide, the Consent Directive Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) Implementation Guide, and the Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) profile.
FEI participated as a full committed member of the ONC-sponsored electronic Long-Term Services and Supports (eLTSS) Initiative. It began via the CMS Testing Experience and Functional Tools (TEFT) Program. We worked with ONC coordinators and several states TEFT grantees. We identified and harmonized standards to enable the creation, exchange, and reuse of interoperable, person-centric service plans for use by providers, beneficiaries, and payers. We drafted and published a CDA Implementation Guide and a FHIR Implementation Guide for standards ratification process through Health Level Seven (HL7) ballots. FEI works Federal and State governments to implement systems that comply with data standards to facilitate flexible and secure exchange of patient information between behavioral health and primary care providers.
Other FEI Data Standards Activities
- HL7 document standards such as CDA, Consolidated CDA (C-CDA), and Continuity of Care Documents (CCDs)
- HL7 FHIR standard
- ONC Tech Lab (formerly S&I Framework) workgroups
- Government reporting standards, including GPRA compliance
- Accessibility standards, including Section 508
- Privacy standards including HIPAA, 42 CFR part 2, and DS4P
- Most major HIPAA ANSI X12 EDI transactions including 270/271 (eligibility), 278 (service review), 837 (claims), 835 (payment), and 276/277 (claim status)
The diagram below demonstrates our understanding and experience of various Healthcare IT standards and related regulations summarized in four major categories:
Let’s Work Together
Interested in learning more about our solutions? Use the contact form and we’ll get back to you!